CACT's Legislative Action
Connecticuts' Economic Future: Investment in Public Bus Services
Public bus services are an essential part of Connecticut's 21st century multi-modal transportation system, economic strength, and quality of life. The State cannot afford to allow the continued decline of its bus systems.
Despite the benefits of public bus services, Connecticut's investment for more than a decade has been inadequate even to maintain current service, much less make the service improvements and expansions needed to meet the mobility needs of Connecticut residents and visitors. While bus operations appropriations to the Department of Transportation have increased in past biennial budgets, operating deficits have grown faster.
Read Reports Prepared by CACT on Legislation and Transportation
Acrobat Reader is required. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, click here for a free download.
- The Necessity of Public Transportation in Today's Changing Economy
February 20, 2014 (PDF 753KB)
- Connecting People and Communities Through Transportation
February 20, 2013 (PDF 778 KB)
- Transportation Investment In A Changing Economy
February 23, 2012 (PDF 1.08 MB)
- Riding the Bus: The Pace of Investment in Public Transportation
February 24, 2011 (PDF 922 KB)
- The State of Public Transportation in CT: Moving from the Past, Serving the Present, Preparing for the Future
February 26, 2009 (PDF 114 KB)
- Connecticut's Economic Future: Investment in Public Bus Services
February 28, 2007 (PDF 150 KB)